Summer in Spain
May 27-July 13, 2021
* May-July 2023 * May-July 2025 * May-July 2027*
- Earn 9 credits in 6 weeks
- One month residence in Salamanca (4 weeks of courses at a language institute)
- Satisfy your Bethel language requirement
- Trip is 6.7 weeks long
- 2021 predicted cost: be $6,400* (financial aid available)
* Includes tuition, room and board, airfare, transportation, entry fees to sites.
- 4 hours per day; 5 days/week (formal language study during the first 4 weeks),
- 4-week homestay,
- 4-star hotels on the road,
- chartered bus and experienced driver,
- admission fees to museums, cathedrals, cultural exhibits, etc.
- La Coruña
- Alba de Tormes
There is one long (3-4 day) weekend during our time in Salamanca in which students are welcome to travel at their own cost.
In the past, students have gone to France, Italy, Portugal, Germany and southern Spain, including some of the resort islands.
- Elementary Spanish I (SPAN 161)
- Elementary Spanish II (SPAN 162)
- lnternational Spanish Experience (SPAN 163)
- lntermediate Spanish I (SPAN 261)
- Textual Proficiency in Spanish (SPAN 265)
- Civilization & Cultures of Spain (SPAN 352)
- Advanced Grammar & Composition (SPAN 360)
- Spanish Conversation (SPAN 361)
- Spanish Art (SPAN 352)
- Survey of Spanish Literature (SPAN 363)