International Students

Students sitting on the ground by waterfall

Bethel University’s international students come from all over the world, including Africa, Latin America, Europe and Asia. 

Travel Tips

Traveling home (where you were issued your visa) or re-entering the United States: You need to have the following documents with you:

  • Valid passport
  • Valid visa
  • Current and valid I-20 with an updated signature. Signatures on the I-20 are valid for 12 months.

Traveling outside of the United States: You must check visa requirements to find out if you need a visa to enter a country outside of your own. Contact that country’s consulate for more information.


New students need to bring all their documentation (visa, passport, I-20, I-94, I-901 fee receipt) to a one-day orientation—including their health records. This is prior to freshmen orientation.

Susan Matteson

Susan Matteson

Titles: Director of International Student Services
Phone Numbers:
Work: 574.807.7824