Current Bethel Status Report
- On Friday, Nov. 6 at 5 p.m. Bethel will move to an ORANGE COVID-19 risk level:
- This level reflects the increase in COVID-19 cases in our region, and a steady rise in cases among our Bethel community. We are monitoring and responding to each COVID-19 situation and are grateful for cooperation and diligence as we seek to maintain a safe and healthy campus.
- Below is more information, including a list of modifications designed to help us complete the semester in person, and Lord willing, resume more in-person activities beginning on Monday, Nov. 16.
- For a video version of this message, click here: Orange COVID-19 Modifications.
- Bethel announces Spring Semester 2021 modifications - class begins Jan. 11
- Classes begin two days later to allow a space of more than 14 days from Christmas gatherings and more than 10 days from New Year’s gatherings to the return to campus.
- Spring Break will be adjusted to March 1-3 (Mon.-Wed.)
- Easter break will be observed April 1 and 2 (Thurs. and Fri.), as originally planned
- Final's week will remain April 26-29 and Commencement is scheduled for May 1, 2021
- Get full details here
- Bethel announces new Winter Term - class registration begins Oct. 14 (classes run Dec. 7 -30). Get details here (pdf).
- Classes began on campus, Aug. 18. We continue to remind all of our community members to be diligent in our mitigation measures, including daily self-checks, wearing face coverings, and physical distancing.
- View Bethel's COVID-19 Response Plan for Fall 2020 here, along with a summary page that outlines campus protocols and procedures. See below for more information and resources. Details will continue to be updated as we receive new information from national, state and local authorities.
COVID-19 Response Plan Documents
Here are the complete plan documents (PDFs) outlining our return to campus for you to download for quick reference:
- Partnership with Saint Joseph Health System
- Daily Self-Assessments and Testing
- Physical Distancing and Face Coverings
- Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols
- Residence Halls
- Food Service
- Social Activities
- Student Accounts, Student Development, Financial Aid Contact Info
- Campus Offices and Services
- Class Procedures
- Academic Field Experiences
- Performances and Academic Events
- Admission Visits
- Conference Services and Special Events
- Communication Plan
- Revised Academic Calendar, New Start Date
- Campus Gatherings Guidelines
Previously Released Information
If you're looking for older information on Bethel's response to COVID-19, visit our Archive page.
- August 2020 Commencement details
- President Chenoweth's face-to-face return to campus video