This is a time for all new students to adjust to life at Bethel before classes begin. Because of the adjusted fall 2020 academic calendar (read the details here) and to accommodate social distancing guidelines, adjustments have been made to the August New Student Registration Day, Welcome Weekend, and move-in dates and procedures.
Here is an overview of the new calendar:
Aug. 13: New Student Registration (9 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
Aug. 13-14: New Student Move in (signup in advance)*
Aug. 14-17: Welcome Weekend for new students (Friday 6 p.m. – Monday noon)**
Aug. 18: Classes begin
Sept. 7: Labor Day, classes will be held
Oct. 8-9: Classes will be held (No Fall Break)
Nov. 20: Last day of classes
Nov. 21: Final exams begin, with condensed schedule
Nov. 25: All final exams done by 1 p.m., semester ends
*New Student Move In
- Move ins will occur: Thurs., Aug. 13, 2 - 10 p.m. & Fri., Aug. 14, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- All move-ins will be scheduled in advance in two-hour time blocks to minimize exposure and provide direct care.
- Room placements and roommate assignments (you can select your own roommates by July 1 through the Campus Profile) will be finalized by July 10. You will receive this information and a link via email to sign up for a move-in time.
- You may have two guests with you during move-in. BU student leaders and staff will be present to help with your unloading and room set up.
- If possible, we encourage you to coordinate your move-in time with roommates.
**Welcome Weekend (For all Students new to BU)
- We dedicate several days before classes begin to your welcome! These days focus on connections with Bethel classmates and new friends, as well as establishing your insider knowledge of BU places, processes, and people. Your presence is required during this time to give you the best start at BU.
- We invite you to bring two individuals with you (parents or others who support you) on Friday evening. From 6 - 7:30 p.m., your parents/guests will join you for a picnic around the campus ponds and a brief program to commission your BU journey.
- Several student service offices will be open Friday afternoon for any needed connections.
- Residential Students: Begin with a check-in at the front desk of your residence hall when you arrive for your move-in time.
- Commuting Students: Check in on Friday before the picnic (5 – 6 p.m.) with Commuter Life staff.
- You will receive more information about Welcome Weekend and a detailed schedule via email in the coming weeks.
We look forward to your arrival and the beginning a new BU year! You will continue to receive updates for the campus as related community plans are solidified.