A transfer student is anyone who has completed college course work following high school graduation.
To be considered for admission, you must be in good academic standing and have a cumulative collegiate GPA of 2.0 (4.0 scale) or better.
Applying for Admission
Please note: If you have more than 30 transferrable college credits we will not need your official high school transcript. Also, if you have taken both a math and English course (100 level or higher) in college, we will not need SAT or ACT scores.
The following are required to complete your admission file:
- Completed application (choose from the following)
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- Scores are not required if you have passed college-level courses in both math and English (100 level or higher)
- Official final high school transcript (sent directly to Bethel)
- High school transcript is not required if you have at least 30 transferrable college credit hours (still required for nursing majors)
- Official college transcripts from ALL colleges or universities attended, regardless of hours completed or reasons for leaving.
Optional: Personal Statement and Reference: If there is additional information you'd like to share with the admission committee, you may include a Personal Statement and/or Reference with your application. For example, these might be helpful to explain personal or family issues, difficult semesters or failing grades, etc.
Your official college transcripts will be reviewed by our registrar’s office upon acceptance. Once evaluated, you will receive a transfer credit report by email that will show which credits and courses have transferred to Bethel. Read more about our transfer credit policies.
Housing for transfer students ranges from two-person rooms in residence halls, to apartment style housing and townhouses. Check out our housing descriptions and floor plans. You will receive a housing form in the mail following acceptance.