Look forward to being welcomed into a supportive community where you’ll adjust to life as a Bethel University student. We celebrate diversity, and we are excited to walk with you on this journey of academic and spiritual growth as you live out your calling.
Bethel is a Christian college affiliated with the Missionary Church, located in Mishawaka, Indiana. The area, approximately 145 kilometers east of Chicago, Illinois, is served by the South Bend International Airport and Amtrak Train Service.
All international students are welcome to apply online for free. The application for admission will be reviewed by the International Committee only after all the items below have been received by the Office of Admission. All students must show ability to meet financial costs to travel to the United States, complete their education and return home. Financial assistance, which includes scholarships, will not be awarded until after a student has been accepted to the university.
Applicants who are not United States citizens or United States permanent residents must submit the following:
- Application: Apply online
- Personal statement of faith, in English.
- Official transcripts and/or certificates from all secondary and post-secondary schools. Students must complete the secondary level (equivalent to high school in the United States) prior to beginning classes at Bethel and must submit an official transcript of their courses.**
- Affidavit of Support: This form is required for the first year of entry to the college and does not need to be renewed each year. The Affidavit of Support is designed to provide financial information to Bethel University so that we may better assess your financial needs. No application for admission will be considered until the Affidavit of Support is received, fully completed, and signed by the student and parent.
- Official Score Report from the SAT, ACT, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Classic Learning Test (CLT) and/or International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Duolingo and PTE Academic and PTE Online (at-home test), should be sent directly to Bethel University. Only one of the tests is required. Students pursuing college athletics should take an SAT or ACT exam to assist in National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) eligibility certification.
- Transfer Students Only: The International Admission Counselor can send you additional information about transfer application requirements after applying.
**Note: All academic transcripts must be submitted in their original language along with official certified translations in English. Bethel University recommends using World Education Service for transcript translations.
- I-20 Form
- Procedures for Visa Application
- Transfer of Academic Credits
- College Academic Year Calendar
- Estimated Costs
- International Student Scholarships
- Affidavit of Support
- Campus Employment
- Academic Policies
- Regional Climate
- Student Life on Campus
- Study in the States: Info from the U.S. Homeland Security office
- International Students Coordinator