Scholarship Search Tools
Tips for Finding Money for College
- Ask your high school guidance counselor, employer, church, civic clubs or organizations you belong to, about scholarships.
- Pay attention to any scholarship restrictions, such as tuition-specific, enrollment requirements, grade level limits.
- Don’t pay for scholarship searches.
- Continue searching for scholarships throughout your college education.
Top 5 Mistakes When Applying for Scholarships
- Only applying for private scholarships
- Applying for too few scholarships
- Not following instructions or submitting an application with mistakes
- Not paying attention to deadlines
- Looking for scholarships for only a few weeks
Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the “gotta have it” scale. -- Zig Ziglar