Master of Arts in Teaching
Designed to take students who have completed Bethel's Transition to Teaching degree, to the next level.
If you want to earn your teacher certification, begin with the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT). First, you will go through the graduate level Transition to Teaching program (18-24 credit hours). This will make you eligible for your Indiana teaching license. Once complete, and all the necessary tests are passed, you can proceed for your MAT degree by taking an additional 12-18 credit hours. This puts you at a total of 36 credit hours of graduate study.
Change Your Future
Find out more about the program and connect with an enrollment specialist!
If you have successfully completed the Bethel University Transition to Teaching program, you are eligible for this program.
There are a variety of directions you can go with a master's degree in education or teaching. Some possible jobs include: school principal, school administrator, corporate trainer, curriculum director, education or training consultant, librarian, media specialist (library), instructional coordinators, school and career counselors and advisors.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics*, openings for K-12 principals is about 22,100 annually. This area shows an 8% growth rate, which is about average for all occupations ( 2020-2030). Average annual media pay is $98,490.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/elementary-middle-and-high-school-principals.htm (visited September 08, 2021).
How to Apply
- Complete a free online application.
- Meet with an admission counselor.
- Send us your official college transcripts directly from the school to Bethel. They can be mailed in a sealed envelope or sent electronically to AGSAdmission@BethelUniversity.edu.
- Complete the FAFSA using Bethel's school code: 001787 to be considered for state and federal need-based aid.
Next Start Date
- Complete an Application for Graduate Admission
Official teaching license
Fees per semester: $190 (full-time students): $160 (all part-time students)
Other fees may apply by program. Please see Advisor.
- Complete the form on the Federal Student Aid site, StudentAid.gov. Bethel’s federal school code is 001787.
- Payment Plan bethelcollege.afford.com OR call 800.722.4867.
- Contact our Financial Aid department.
Financial aid for adult and graduate students is available. Contact our Financial Aid Office at 574.807.7326 or Sabrina.Citte@BethelUniversity.edu to learn more about your options.
Request Information: Fill out the form or connect with an admission counselor to learn more!
The Higher Learning Commission
A member of the North Central Association, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60602, 800.621.7440.The Higher Learning Commission A member of the North Central Association 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 Chicago, IL 60602 (800) 621-7440