Have you been thinking about your master’s degree at grad school for a while, but fear the cost and the time commitment? Maybe you think getting your MBA will require a residency program in another state and that means time away from your family and job.
Bethel University offers graduate degree programs in education, business, nursing, ministry and theology. There are on-campus classes in Indiana and online master’s programs to help you achieve your dreams without rethinking your daily life. About our on-campus programs, one student said: “The faculty was great and eager to help in any way they could.”
Bethel’s popular Transition-to-Teaching program has a fieldwork component, which will get you the classroom experience you need to learn how to be most effective at your job. One student had this to say about her experience in the education program, which led to a job in an Indiana school: “[Bethel helped me] refine my teaching skills and further equip me for the classroom. With evening class offerings and a pace that was steady but reasonable, the program was also manageable for the working person.”
Education degrees offered are:
- Master of Arts in Teaching (on campus) - grounded in specific philosophical beliefs about what constitutes effective teaching and how to prepare teachers for the complex classroom environment.
- Master of Education (online) – this program is designed to advance the knowledge and skills of practicing educators and prepare them for leadership roles in their schools.
- School Administrator License (online)
- Special Education Licensure (online) - Special Education is considered a high need area in Indiana
- Master of Reading and Literacy (online)
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership (online)
If you’re more business-minded, our Master’s in Business Administration (on campus and online) combines real world experience and business theory. Bethel MBA graduates gain knowledge and perspective for their present positions and marketable skills for future opportunities. Our online program provides a solid background in leadership and management practice, with extensive course work in advanced business practice.
Master’s in Counseling (on campus and online) – In this program, students are prepared to pursue a career in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio – basically anywhere in the United States. Focus on marriage or family counseling, mental health counseling, or addictions counseling.
Nursing classes are on Bethel’s campus in northern Indiana and online for a hybrid format. A Master of Science in Nursing – educators track, builds on the knowledge from your undergraduate nursing program and experience you have as a practicing nurse and prepares you to be a nurse educator. For experienced nurses with an interest in administration, Bethel’s Master of Science in Nursing – administrator track, integrates concepts from the practice of nursing, nursing theories, research and professional role behaviors in an administrative setting.
Master of Ministry Degree (on campus and online). Our experienced faculty will challenge you academically while encouraging you to grow spiritually. With courses in biblical studies, church and ministry, theology, history, ethics and society, you’ll also have an assortment of electives to choose from.
For the deep thinkers, a Master of Arts in Theological Studies provides core courses in biblical studies, church and ministry, theology, history, ethics and society.
- Six start dates throughout the year and seven-week sessions mean you reach your goals more quickly.
- Our financial aid staff can talk with you about our competitive tuition rates.
- Professional faculty members teach from real-life experiences and the most effective texts for your area.
Masters=Masters, M=Major, m=minor, c=concentration, e=endorsements (for teacher certification)
M.A.C.=Master of Arts in Counseling, M.A.T.=Master of Arts in Teaching, M.Min.=Master of Ministry, M.Ed.=Master of Education, M.S.N.=Master of Science Nursing, M.A.T.S.=Master of Theological Studies
|Master of Business Administration||MBA|
|Master of Arts in Counseling||M.A.C.||Hybrid*|
|Master of Arts in Education||M.Ed.|
|Master of Ministry||MA.Min.|
|Master of Arts in Teaching||M.A.T.|
|Master of Arts in Theological Studies||M.A.T.S.|
*Hybrid: some courses will be online, some will be on campus