Sign Language Programs at Bethel
You'll experience personal attention, tutoring sessions, interpreting opportunities and practicum coursework in our sign language program.
Do you talk with your hands? So do we! Sign Language Interpreters are in demand. A degree in this field can lead to exciting work in educational settings, at video relay services and in public settings, such as theatre performances or political events (one of our students interpreted for former President Barack Obama).
- Educational interpreters in K-12 and post-secondary institutions in Indiana and elsewhere
- Interpreters at video relay services and video remote interpreting companies
- Interpreting instructors at interpreter training programs
- Contract interpreters with profit and non-for profit agencies
- Support Service Providers and interpreters for members of the deaf-blind community
- Educational interpreters working abroad
- Full-time missionaries for the deaf in Rwanda, China and Haiti; short-term missions work
- Attorneys working with disability cases and interpreters holding SC:L certification