Kinesiology Degree Program at Bethel University
Kinesiology Programs in Mishawaka, South Bend
If you’re interested in the science and practice of physical wellness and health, consider a kinesiology degree program with us at Bethel University in Indiana!
Our Kinesiology degree program in Mishawaka, is one of Bethel’s most popular programs which draws in students from Indiana, Chicago, Fort Wayne, southwest Michigan, and other areas around the country. Our students train to work as physical therapists, strength and conditioning coaches, dieticians, or they go on to medical school. Through this hands-on learning program, you might administer a functional movement screen to identify areas of weakness or take a nutrition class and plan meals for optimal performance.
When you visit us, you’ll see why our students appreciate the classes and programs at Bethel. They learn skills that are immediately applicable in their lives and for their future careers. In addition, our experienced faculty members give undivided attention to advise and direct students in one-on-one meetings. Some unique aspects of the program include:
- Nutrition classes: planning and preparing meals for a team on campus.
- Exercise training techniques class: students get hands-on experience with two “clients” during the semester -- one over age 30 and one under age 30.
- Students learn how to use the Vo2 max machine in physiology of exercise class.
As for job outlook for this field, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the employment of exercise physiologists is projected to grow 13 percent from 2016 to 2026 – this is faster than the average for all occupations.* A kinesiology degree is one path toward this type of work.
Bethel graduates have gone on to pursue master's programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic, physician’s assistant, and exercise physiology. Some careers our alumni have include:
- Physical therapist
- College professor
- High school/elementary school teaching
- Athletic director
- Physician's assistant
- Gym owner
- College and high school coaches
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Exercise Physiologists, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/exercise-physiologists.htm (visited October 28, 2018).
Find out exactly what you can expect in our program. Each major and minor listing has a link to the plan you'll follow to earn your degree.