Kinesiology Degree Program at Bethel University
Kinesiology Programs in Mishawaka, South Bend
If you’re interested in the science and practice of physical wellness and health, consider a kinesiology degree program in Indiana with us at Bethel University!
Our Kinesiology degree program in Indiana is one of Bethel’s most popular programs which draws in students from Indiana, Chicago, Fort Wayne, southwest Michigan, and from other areas around the country. Our students train to work as physical therapists, strength and conditioning coaches, dieticians, or go on to medical school. Through this hands-on learning program, you might administer a functional movement screen to identify areas of weakness or take a nutrition class and plan meals for optimal performance.
You’ll see why our students appreciate the classes and programs at Bethel. They are learning skills that are immediately applicable in their lives right now and for their future careers. In addition, our experienced faculty members give their undivided attention to advise and direct students in one-on-one meetings. Some unique aspects of the program include:
- Nutrition classes planning and preparing meals for a team on campus.
- An Exercise Training Techniques class, where students get hands-on experience with two “clients” during the semester -- one over age 30 and one under age 30.
- Students learn how to use the Vo2 max machine in Physiology of Exercise class.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of exercise physiologists is projected to grow 13 percent from 2016 to 2026 – this is faster than the average for all occupations.* A kinesiology degree is one path toward this type of work.
Bethel graduates have gone on to pursue master's programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic, physician’s assistant, and exercise physiology. Some careers our alumni have include:
- Physical therapist
- College professor
- High school/elementary school teaching
- Athletic director
- Physician's assistant
- Gym owner
- College and high school coaches
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Exercise Physiologists, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/exercise-physiologists.htm (visited October 28, 2018).
Find out exactly what you can expect in our program. Each major and minor listing has a link to the plan you'll follow to earn your degree.