Art is one of the greatest forms of self-expression and glorification to God. You can discover your potential at Bethel University.
The art degree program at Bethel offers students many opportunities at our Indiana campus. Choose your career path in one of our arts concentrations below:
- Art education immerses you in art history, ceramics, painting and more. Idea for future art teachers!
- Graphic design develops your skills for digital work in advertising and marketing and other fields.
- Studio arts is for the student interested in a career at a museum or art gallery or even mission work – jut name a few options. You’ll be prepared for more specialized training at graduate school.
You’ll work with faculty members trained in your area of interest and connect with other creative-minded students. Together, you’ll grow and create in ways that help you push your abilities and artistic skills. Our facilities provide you with the space you need to focus your creative energy whenever the mood strikes in between class sessions.
Employment opportunities in art and design are expected to grow 4 percent by 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics*. This is slower than the average for all occupations (such as Business and Financial, Health care, Legal, and Sales), however, the media annual wage was higher at $45,250 (May 2017) than for all other occupations ($37,690). Industries that show a growing demand:
- animation and visual effects in video games
- websites and other media platforms
Declining demand is projected in the areas of publishing, manufacturing and floral shops.
Students are encouraged to apply and audition for our special art scholarships. (See this page for details.)
Major: 120 credits / Minor: 18 credits
Explore your artistic gifts and prepare for a career in a museum or gallery, in retail, mission work, or fine arts. This degree lays a foundation for graduate work or specialized training.