Mission and Institutional Profile
The mission of Bethel University, affiliated with the Missionary Church denomination, is to be a community of learners building lives of commitment for leadership in the Church and world. Bethel's liberating academic programs challenge the mind, enlarge the vision, and equip the whole person for lifelong service.
- God is the Creator and Sustainer of all things, and the Author of salvation. Please find more information on our position statement on Human Origins here. (PDF)
- The Bible is the divinely inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God, and the unchanging rule of faith and practice.
- Man's relationship to God, which was lost through sin, is restored through faith in the redeeming work of Christ, God's divine Son.
- The Church comprises people who are born of the Spirit and empowered by him to live a holy life devoted to the fulfillment of the Church's Great Commission.
- The personal return of Christ will bring about the end of the present age, the judgment and the beginning of the glorious age to come.