Below are answers to frequently asked questions about Bethel's transition from college to university. If you have a question that does not appear on this list, please email IA@BethelCollege.edu.
- What was the process for making this decision?
- Is Bethel changing its mission or vision?
- How was the name Bethel University chosen?
- Isn’t there another institution with this same name?
- What is the difference between a college and a university?
- When will the change officially happen?
- Will current students graduate from Bethel College or Bethel University?
- Can alumni get new diplomas that say Bethel University?
- Should alumni use Bethel College or Bethel University on their résumé, LinkedIn profile, etc.?
- Will this affect the amount of scholarship or grant money available to students?
- Will Bethel's logo change? What about Bethel's colors and mascot?
- Will the website URL and email addresses change?
- How will this affect athletics, as well as campus signage?
- When can I get new Bethel University items from the Campus Store?
- Will the name change affect Bethel’s rankings in publications such as U.S. News, Washington Monthly, etc.?
- When I request a transcript, will it say Bethel College or Bethel University?
- What other developments are happening at Bethel?