The Bethel College track & field team are coming home with a banner for the second straight weekend, as the men's team finished off their repeat of the NCCAA Indoor National Championship, overtaking host Cedarville (Ohio) on the final day of competition to earn their sixth NCCAA national championship. The women's team held serve with a second-place finish by a wide margin.
All said, the Pilots hit eight NAIA standards, seven national championship performances, 19 All-American finishes (adding 31 more All-Americans to their program history), and a men's track and field program record on the day—to add to their five NAIA standards, four national championship performances, ten All-American performances (with 22 All-Americans), and a women's track and field record on Day One of the meet.
Men's senior Jordan Downs was named the Outstanding Indoor Athlete of the Meet—just the second in program history—after setting a program record and NCCAA Indoor National Championship record with a 5.22m pole vault and another NCCAA Indoor National Championship record with a 7.84m long jump. The coaching staff was named the Men's Indoor Coaching Staff of the Year for the fourth time in program history.
- NCCAA Indoor National Championship: Hosted by Cedarville University
- Location: Doden Fieldhouse | Cedarville University | Cedarville, Ohio
- NAIA National Track & Field Ratings Index: Men – No. 7 | Women – No. 16
- Standings: Men – 1st of 15 | Women – 2ndof 14
- Emma Jankowski | Women's 800m | 2:16.81 (A)
- Jordan Downs | Men's Long Jump | 7.84m** (A)
- Thomas Jackson | Men's Long Jump | 7.37m (A)
- Jordan Downs | Men's Pole Vault | 5.22m* ** (A)
- Zach Harrah | Men's Pole Vault | 4.92m (A)
- Jordan Downs | Men's 200m | 22.17 (A)
- Jonah Lester | Men's Long Jump | 6.95m (B)
- Ezra Griffith | Men's Heptathlon | 4,528 pts (B)
* Bethel program record
** NCCAA Indoor Championship Record
- Women's 4x800m Relay | Vanessa Steiner, Rebecca Maynard, Molly Campbell, Mariah King
- Queen Walker | Women's Weight Throw
- Men's 4x800m Relay | Jalen Alexander, Bailey Mott, Jack Fisher, Trevor Miller
- Ezra Griffith | Men's Heptathlon
- Jordan Downs | Men's Long Jump
- Travis Sperry | Men's 400m
- Jordan Downs | Men's Pole Vault
Read the full article at BethelCollegePilots.com.
- home news