PITTSBURG, Kan. – The Bethel College Pilots men's and women's track teams finished the indoor season with a program record six All-Americans at the NAIA Indoor National Championships. Erik Escobedo and Jordan Downs won individual national championships to highlight a program-best fifth-place finish for the men, earning 27 points in the meet. Escobedo was also named the Outstanding Performer of the meet. He not only won the weight throw and became the second individual champion for Bethel (Ind.), but also set the all-time record for the men's Weight Throw.
- NAIA Indoor National Championships: Hosted by Pittsburg State University
- Standings: Men | 5th of 63, 27 pts | Women | 38th of 55, 5 pts
- Location: Robert W. Plaster Center | Pittsburg State University | Pittsburg, Kansas
*NAIA Indoor & Program Record
ALL-AMERICANS - WOMEN
- Danielle Wojciechowksi | Pole Vault, 4th
ALL-AMERICANS - MEN
- Erik Escobedo | Weight Throw, 1st *
- Jordan Downs | Long Jump, 1st
- Thomas Jackson | Long Jump, 5th
- Jonah Lester | High Jump, 7th
- Jordan Downs | Pole Vault, 4th
*Oustanding Performer of the Meet
COACH NATALI SAYS
- "Friday was a huge day for the Bethel College track program: two national champions and five All-Americans; the men's team with a program-record team total high in points at 26. I'm so proud of each and every member of our team that competed today. We're looking forward to day three tomorrow."
- "Jordan Downs capped off an amazing meet for the BC track program by being our sixth All-American in the meet. Also, it is a great program accomplishment for our men's team to finish the meet in fifth place. That is nine places higher than the previous high which was set last season. I couldn't be prouder of our kids for what we accomplished this week. It's time for a break and then outdoor season will be upon us. We are very blessed in so many ways. God gets the glory."
Read the full release on our athletics site at http://www.bethelcollegepilots.com/article/5317.php.