The Bethel University Concert Choir and Voices of Triumph will present their Spring Choral Concert on Friday, April 9 at 7 p.m., in the auditorium of the Everest-Rohrer Chapel/Fine Arts Center, with reduced and distanced auditorium seating availability.
Under the direction of Dr. Vicky Warkentien, the Concert Choir will present a series of African-American spiritual songs arranged by William Dawson and Moses Hogan, “The Old Hundredth Psalm Tune” setting by Ralph Vaughan Williams with brass fanfares, and opportunities for audience singing. Bethel’s dance troupe Spirit in Motion, under the direction of Karen Pajor, will join the Concert Choir to present John Rutter’s setting of “Down By the Riverside,” “Let There Be Peace on Earth,” by Mark Hayes, and “Blessed is the Lord (Benedictus),” by Dan Forrest. Voices of Triumph, under the direction of Dr. Rob Rhein, will perform a selection of hymn arrangements, including “My Song is Love Unknown” and “To God Be the Glory.”
Due to COVID-19 awareness, we will have several additional arrangements for the performance.
- Physical distancing means keeping a safe space between yourself and other people who are not from your household. To practice physical distancing, stay at least 6 feet (about two arm's length) apart from other people who are not from your household, in both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Cloth face coverings are to be worn whenever possible. Your mouth and nose should both be covered.
- Patrons seeking to attend a performance will be asked to comply with the following:
- Patrons should be fever and symptom free for 24 hours before the event,
- Patrons must wear a face covering at all times upon entering buildings, and
- Patrons must abide by physical distancing guidelines (6 feet apart) at all times.
- Use of water fountains and water bottle refill stations is prohibited.
Tickets are $7 and can be purchased online at Tickets.BethelUniversity.edu, or at the Box Office (574.807.7080, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 1 – 5 p.m., and Tuesday, Thursday, 3 – 5 p.m.). Please contact the Music Department at 574.807.7575 or Music@BethelUniversity.edu for any questions. We hope you’ll join us for an evening of worship and song!